STONY GLEN CAMP
Articles of Faith
1. We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired by God and inerrant in the original writings, and that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and life. Isa. 40:8; John 10:35; II Tim. 3:16, 17; II Peter 1:19-31.
2. We believe in one God, eternal, omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent, manifesting Himself in Three Persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit – One in nature, attributes, power and glory. Gen 1:1, 26; Prov. 30:4; Matt. 28:19; Mark 12:29; John 1:1-4, 18; Acts 5:3-4; II Cor. 13:14.
3. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and that He is true God and true man. Matt 1:18-25; Luke 1:26-35; Phil. 2:6-11.
4. We believe that man was created in the image of God; that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death but also that spiritual death which is separation from God; that all human beings are born with a sinful nature, and in the case of those who reach moral responsibility, become sinners in thought, word and deed. Gen 1:26-27; 2:7-9, 16-17; 3:1-19; Psa 51:5; 58:3 Eph 2:1-3.
5. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures a representative and substitutionary sacrifice and rose again for our justification; and that all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood and are saved by grace through faith wholly apart from human merit and works. Acts 13:38, 39; 16:31; Rom. 3:21-38; Eph. 2:8-10; Titus 3:3-8.
6. We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus are born again by the Holy Spirit through the Word of God and thereby become the children of God. John 1:12-13; 3:3-16; 5:24; 10:28-29; I Peter 1:23; II Peter 1:4-11.
7. We believe that the Holy Spirit is a Divine Person, who convinces of sin, reveals the Christ, teaches truth, restrains evil, energized believers in prayer, worship, and service, and is ever present in the believer as Comforter and Helper. Psa. 139:7-12; John 14:16-17; 15:26; Rom.8:9; I Cor. 69:19; II Thes. 2:7
8. We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, His ascension into Heaven, His present life there as our High Priest and Advocate, and His personal, bodily, visible, pre-millennial return to establish His kingdom on earth, and to reign as the Only Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords. Luke 24:36-43; John 20:24-29; Acts 1:9-11; I Cor. 15:20-25; I Tim. 6:14; Rev. 1:4-7; 19:11-16; 20:6.
9. We believe that at any moment the rapture of the saved may occur, when “the Lord shall descend from Heaven” to catch up His people to meet Him in the air, and “so shall we ever be with the Lord.” John 14:1-3; I Cor. 15:51-58; I Thes. 4:13-18.
10. We believe in the bodily resurrection of all the dead – the saved to a life of eternal glory and bliss in Heaven with God; the unsaved to eternal judgment of conscious suffering and woe in the lake of fire. Matt 10:28; 18:8-9; 25:41, 46; Mark 9:43; John 5:28-29; II Thes. 1:6-9; Rev. 20:6, 11-15; 21:1-8.
11. We believe that the saved are called to have continuous fellowship with God as a separated people – to abide in Christ, to walk in the Spirit, and to enjoy victory over the world, the flesh, and the devil. Rom 6:1-14; 12:1-2; II Cor. 2:14; 7:1; Gal. 5:16-25; Col. 3:1-17; I Thes 5:17; James 4:4; I John 1:3, 7; 2:15-17.
12. We believe that it is the privilege and responsibility of ever believer to be an ambassador of the heavenly Kingdom, a personal soul winner, to do his utmost to give the Gospel of Christ to the whole world and to build up the body of Christ. Mark 16:15; John 17:18; 20: 21; Acts 1:8; II Cor 5:20; Eph. 4:11-13.